7 Signs You Should See a Toronto Chiropractor
When do you see your Toronto chiropractor? It’s unfortunate that some people will only call a chiropractor as a last resort or after they’ve exhausted all other options. A chiropractor will do anything possible to help you, because it’s their job. As with any injury case, it’s always more beneficial for you to see your chiropractor as early as possible.
If you’ve recently suffered some sort of physical pain, you need to monitor your body and observe the issues that persist. If you’ve thrown out your back and the pain is not going away, don’t wait any longer and see a chiropractor straight away.
Here are 7 other signs that you should see your chiropractor Toronto:
- When you want to treat a joint or muscle pain without using medication – You don’t always have to take medication each time you experience joint pain. Sometimes a simple massage is enough to take the pain away. You probably already know that painkillers can cause several side effects; they lower blood pressure, can cause muscular rigidity, and may also lower heart rate among other things. Medications can be helpful in some situations, however, even medical practitioners advise against frequent use of these drugs.
- When you experience unexplained aching, pain, stiffness or a burning sensation in different parts of the body – These pains are not uncommon and although sometimes the conditions will go away on their own, it’s always important to see a chiropractor to treat them once and for all. Your chiropractor will be able to determine if your pain is a sign of an underlying medical condition and refer you appropriately.
- When you experience sharp pain around the hip area downwards – Hip pain can be very complex. Many times this pain either originates from the hip joint itself, though in some cases the pain could be coming from the back. This pain can also extend right through the thighs and down to the knee leaving you in deep agony. Either way you’ll still need the help of a chiropractor.
- When one shoulder is lower than the other – Have you ever looked into the mirror and wondered why one of your shoulders is lower than the other? Well, unbalanced shoulders can indicate a structural, neural or muscular imbalance. Treatment of this condition usually involves changing your lifestyle and engaging in several corrective and strengthening exercises. A chiropractor has the capacity to draw up a treatment plan to help reverse the condition.
- When you have a muscle, joint or spine injury that has been treated for a long time but isn’t improving – Again, remember that you shouldn’t wait too long before calling your chiropractor.
- When you’re experiencing pain in the muscles, joints, and/or head that isn’t improving with traditional medication – Medical treatments can be effective but it’s not always guaranteed that they’ll work. When you think they’re not curing your pain, it’s time to see a chiropractor.
- When you have a job where you perform repetitive physical tasks – This also applies to jobs where you sit or stand for long hours. For example, standing for long hours can cause aching muscles, and puts a lot pressure on the hip, knee, and ankle joints which isn’t healthy. A chiropractor will advise exercises that can help you keep fit – even after standing for long periods of time.
Are you experiencing any of the above ailments? Call Yorkville Chiropractic and Wellness Center at (647) 499-8818 to request your free consultation today!